3M 8902 Blue Polyester Tape 3.4 mil x 2 in x 72 yd Roll
3M Polyester Tape 8902 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces.
- Product Type Polyester Tape
- Product Form Tape
It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments. This tape is a thicker version of 3M Polyester Tape 8901. Get durability and a long service life when using 3M Polyester Tape 8902.
This tape is made with a strong polyester backing and silicone adhesive, that works well with applications requiring high temperatures or adhesion to silicone treated surfaces. It’s available in different backing thickness, a thin version for splicing or a thicker, stronger type for pulling through flashing or multiple layers. Its polyester film offers excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility.
The silicone adhesive offers high heat resistance compared with many rubber and acrylic adhesives. This reduces failure due to softening, oozing and adhesive transfer. It works in demanding conditions with clean removal during high-temperature masking operations. Remove it cleanly from stainless steel, anodised aluminium and glass after a 5 hour bake cycle.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Get excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive offers high heat resistance compared with many rubber and acrylic adhesives, reducing failure due to softening, oozing and adhesive transfer
- Removes cleanly from stainless steel, anodized aluminum and glass after a 5 hour bake cycle at 350°F (177°C)
For information about the available delivery options please visit our Shipping Guide.
Some products in our catalog are classified as Hazardous for shipping so some restrictions and/or additional shipping fees may apply.